I’ve seen a lot of posts about “90s kids are the best” and “the 90s were the best” and quite frankly, I agree with those posts. There something about the 90s that makes people want go back to it—a nostalgic yet not too old feeling that will bring back fun memories and experiences. Here are some of the reasons why we love the 90s:
- The cartoons back then were awesome. These were classic cartoons—paper and pencil drawings which brought to life adventures of our favorite characters like Arnold, Dexter, Johnny Bravo, the Powerpuff Girls and the like. Cartoons today are not quite the same anymore.
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s fine Titanic moments. Titanic was a huge success back then and it captured and broke the hearts of its viewers—it was still a great time though.
- The Spice Girls were a craze! Their songs, the outfits, and the dance moves were great for partying and having fun with the girlies.
- Boybands were also big things back then. There were the Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, N’Sync, Westlife, and A1 to name a few. From looking good to singing heart-melting songs ranging from ballads to danceable tunes, they knew how to do it.
- There were toys and novelty items which aren’t being paid much attention to now. These were things such as crazy straws, character spoons and utensils, the Tamagotchi, scented gel ball pens, Sky Dancers, Furby—all of those brought fun and magic to 90s childhood. Don’t forget all the inflatable furniture, too.
- Who doesn’t remember Sabrina the Teenage Witch? Before all the popular magic and wizardry was on, this girl had it!
- Do you remember those days when MTV was MTV? Those were in the 90s and enjoying music on television was one way to be in the know.
- There was quite a thing for horror stuff back then. Do you remember the Goosebumps books and Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark? Kind of a creeper for young campers, but it makes nighttime story exchanges interesting as well!
It gets quite nostalgic to look back, but those things really made the 90s awesome and sometimes I wish we still have those things!