The Lemon Detox Diet is a cleanse that helps eliminate toxins in the body and at the same time trigger weight loss. It’s a cleanse that I’ve personally tried for two weeks. Some do it for longer, but during the two-week trial I did, I already noticed some weight improvements.
Ingredients of the Lemon Detox Diet
What I like about the Lemon Detox Diet is it’s easy to assemble, and by assemble I mean put together the ingredients that are probably already in your house. It isn’t expensive and if you consider the way it helps in weight loss, I’d think that it’s one of the best ways to kickstart a diet. All that you will need are some lemons, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper powder. And a lot of water. Essentially, you mix the lemon juice with a portion of maple syrup and a teaspoon or two of cayenne. The combination isn’t just some weird concoction. Lemon juice helps remove toxins and water weight, while maple syrup provides some calories so that you will have energy even without eating anything else. Cayenne also helps make you feel full.
Effects of the Lemon Detox Diet
From my own experience, the Lemon Detox Diet seemed to be an effective way to lose weight, especially if one follows the recommended amount of time that this diet is supposed to take place. Some say that it should only be for 7 days and repeated every couple of months, while others recommended using it longer. My two-week trial resulted in drastic changes in my weight which I am grateful for.
However, I stopped the diet after those two weeks because I experienced some dizziness. I was told this was normal, since the body needed to adjust to the removal of toxins and the decreased food consumption, but I needed to be well in order to work. If I could have a long vacation, I’d surely have tried it for a longer time to see how much results I can get.
When you’re on a diet, tempting food is everywhere. So how did I manage not to cave in? After reading about it, cayenne also apparently helps reduce cravings, so I guess I have that spice to thank for that. The Lemon Detox Diet seems to have promising results, but make sure that you are prepared for some side effects before trying it out.
Along with the lemon detox diet, you can also look young by getting rid of the wrinkles. Here are some natural remedies for wrinkles to help you take care of them easily and also prevent new ones from forming, in the comfort of your home.
• Olive Oil – Olive oil can work wonders for your skin if you use it as massage oil specially for the wrinkles. Being loaded with antioxidants such as Vitamins A and E, it can fight off skin-damaging free radicals with ease and keep the skin looking healthy and young. Mix a few drops of honey and glycerine to the oil before application to add glow to the skin and eliminate dead cells as well.
• Aloe Vera – The presence of malic acid in aloe vera helps to improve the skin’s elasticity thereby delaying the onset of wrinkles. Extract the gel from the leaf of this plant and apply directly on the skin. Wash off after 20 minutes. Perform twice daily.
• Fenugreek – Using the leaves or seeds of fenugreek help to cure various kinds of skin problem amongst which wrinkles top the list. Being rich in minerals and vitamins, it gets rid of the problem of wrinkles if used on a regular basis. Grind 10 to 12 leaves of fenugreek and make a thick paste out of it. Apply the paste on face and wash off after 4 hours with lukewarm after. Perform daily for best results.
• Bananas – Bananas are loaded with antioxidants, minerals and vitamins and help fight off fine lines and wrinkles effectively. Apply the paste of 2 mashed bananas on the wrinkled area and wash off after half an hour of its application. You will find that the wrinkles start to lighten with regular use.
• Almonds – Loaded with Vitamin E, iron, fiber, zinc, folic acid, calcium, and oleic acid, almonds delay the process of aging and help reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Soak almonds in water overnight, remove skin in the morning and grind the almonds to a paste. Apply the paste on face and rinse off with lukewarm water after half an hour. Alternately, you can massage almond oil on your face, leave it on for an hour and then rinse off with a face moisturizer for similar benefits.
• Ginger – The high antioxidant content in Ginger proves to be an excellent anti-wrinkle remedy. It slows down elastin breakdown that is one of the leading causes of fine lines and wrinkles. Just grate some ginger and mix a tablespoon of honey to it. Apply mix to the face every morning. Alternately, drink ginger tea 2 to 3 times a day.